Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Last Man

Somehow, everybody on earth is dead. Except Alan. And then Alan finds Sarah. Of course, Alan is a nerdy, out of shape anthropologist and Sarah is Jeri Ryan. Then Alan and Sarah find Rafael, another beautiful person. Now let's all triangulate in our insecurities. Unfortunately, there is nothing interesting about this film. It is not even worth picking apart piece by piece to prove my point. Don't see it.
I should probably at some point do a general rant about movie ratings and then I will just have something to refer to. But for now, how does this film (no swearing, no violence, no sex, two male naked butts in route to skinny dipping) get an R-rating while Hotel Rwanda (hundreds of on screen murders, graphic depictions of genocide, violence and very disturbing themes) and Fast Five (scores of onscreen brutal slayings) get PG-13. Anyone? I just took This Film is not yet Rated off my list of films to see but I guess I should put it back on...
2 stars (out of 5)

No comments: