Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hanna

Hanna is a young girl who is raised by her father in the northern wilderness (somewhere near the arctic circle). The two are completely isolated and dad uses the roughness of nature as a way to train his daughter how to protect herself from anything. When she is finally ready, the two re-enter civilization to try to clean up a messy past. Hanna is not aware of most of the truth (she has been protected), but she is a kick-butt special agent. As we progress through the film, avoiding and then chasing the nemesis, I am not sure what I am left with. Or, I am sure, and it is not much. Reminiscent, at times of last years Kick-Ass, but without the humor and of the old James Bond classics like Goldfinger, but without the camp or class. In the end, we are left with a well trained soldier who is ruthless and has lots of questions about the world. Almost like Jason Bourne, which makes me suspect a sequel next summer. I can't recommend this one, but will probably see the sequel when it comes out since I invested in this back-story.
2 stars (out of 5)

2 comments:

noor said...

nooooo, i was hoping this would be good :\

metabuxman said...

Me too. Now I just have to wait for Another Earth...