Friday, April 29, 2011

Fast Five

Ok, I am a Vin Diesel junkie. All of his films are summer popcorn blockbusters and he knows it. He plays with the right amount of testosterone and self deprecating humor dripping off the screen. Fast Five is a great follower in the Fast & Furious franchise. We have transitioned out of a pure muscle and speed, car movie (of which I still think Tokyo Drift is the best entry) into a pretty good heist film. From the first heist (stealing cars of course) to the last (a well choreographed, old fashioned bank heist... sort of) there is never a dull moment. We steal from bad guy and utilize the team of experts, each with a specialty, to make things fun. My only complaint is the body count. Well over 100 and not really necessary. Violence alone is enough to make the rating wrong (PG-13? Really?). But summer is here. And like I said, I am a Vin Diesel junkie...
4 stars (out of 5)

No comments: