Monday, May 22, 2023

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

So I'm not a D&D fan, never played, completely naive about the culture, etc. I say this to provide context for my expectations for this movie... none. I had heard complaints from "the community", but those mean nothing to me, without a history. The movie is a comedic fantasy telling of a thief who lost his wife, takes on one last job to get a "wife-bringer-backer" talisman, gets caught, loses his daughter, and spends the rest of the movie winning her back. This most reminded me of The Princess Bride, without being quite so iconic. Or maybe Romancing the Stone? I don't know. I quite enjoyed it as a light hearted, occasional chuckle (who's not going to laugh at an obese dragon) fantasy romp. Definitely better than the Mortal Kombat movie, which I also had no connection to. 

3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: