Thursday, May 8, 2014

IRIS: The Movie

I have to admit that I was largely confused throughout this film. Somehow, early on I missed associating names with faces and when the conversation was describing the intricate alliances and double crossing, I was never sure who was on what side. Add to this the fact that a North Korean/South Korean spy thriller takes place in Hungary and perhaps you can see my problem. The story follows a South Korean super spy who is cut loose by his country, decides to help the other side and then reforms again with the help of his super spy wife. It turns out this is similar (without the heroes) to the plot of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, with IRIS filling the role of HYDRA. There is an IRIS TV series, so I am sure that builds on these same characters and seems like a better medium (as a serial).

2 stars (out of 5)

No comments: