Monday, December 3, 2012

Abduction


This film wasn't bad... just forgettable  I actually watched this as a late night diversion last month some time and, while I am sure it diverted me in the moment, it immediately left my head as the credits rolled. Maybe were I the target audience of those who find it impossible to forget Taylor Lautner, the film would have made a lasting impact. Instead, I was the target audience of those who appreciate a good action film with some plot intrigue. On those grounds it failed. Lautner is a "normal" high school kid who parties too much and has a couple of friends that don't quiet fit in. He finds out that his entire life is actually a ruse as he is unwittingly part of an unofficial witness security program (his father is a spy and this is the only way of protecting his son from all the bad guys). Some bad guys find out where Lautner is, chase him and are ultimately outsmarted by the kid. Father and son reconcile (sort of) in the end. Thankfully, this was not intentionally built as a franchise, so the odds of seeing a sequel are pretty slim.
2 stars (out of 5)

No comments: