Thursday, December 27, 2012

This is 40

Or more appropriately, This is 40 minutes too long. I like to think I am the target audience for almost any movie. I can appreciate teen humor, am looking forward to seeing Pitch Perfect, like a good RomCom, historical drama, action spy thriller and will even enjoy the occasional period piece. But I don't get This is 40. I mean, I get that the characters are realizing that not everything is as "good" as it used to be. But does that make a movie. The writing is not clever enough, the plot does not move enough and the jokes are not funny enough to entertain. I chuckled twice. Otherwise, I found myself looking around more often to see facial expressions of those around me. Was I missing something? Unfortunately, no. There was nothing to miss.

2 stars (out of 5)

No comments: