Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon

Built as a summer popcorn movie and delivers as a summer popcorn movie. Just make sure you get the extra large popcorn as this times out over 2.5 hours. There is nothing new or fabulous here that we have not seen in the other films. The transformers are so well drawn that you don't think twice about their characters (we have come a long way from Roger Rabbit). Lots of action, lots of earth saving heroism. The girlfriend wears white throughout the destruction and never gets dirty, never has her makeup smeared and is always fabulous looking. The main critique here is the length. Why do the parents show up at all? Why do we need the job search, or the mailroom? Take your scissors to about 45 minutes of film and we are talking.
3 stars (out of 5)

1 comment:

Shaun said...

The movie was very long; I think they could have gotten rid of the parts with Shia and his girlfriend in it. The movie wasn’t the same without Megan Fox; at least she could act even if she does have manly thumbs. I skipped the movie in theaters; I just didn’t see a point to it. I finally watched it the other night when I saw it on the Epix channel at Dish online. You know what I found out? They should have stopped at two movies. Although when I told a movie buff I work with at Dish about my dislike of the film, he turned his nose up to me and walked away. Here I though you shouldn’t talk about politics at work, turns out it is don’t talk about movies you don’t like.