Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Real Steel

This has been on my list of films to see since my friend worked on it. I like to think he created and programed the entire robot cast, but in reality he worked for the company that invented the robot motion capture software... or something like that. Anyway, his name is on the credits, which is pretty darn cool in my book. The film itself is a generic absent father reunites with son and begins relationship story. What makes this film cool is the robots, and how seamlessly they are integrated into the cast. I also was quite entertained by how many times the losing robot owner/controller let out a primal scream when they lost. I like a good patch up the relationship film, especially when it has robots. Did I mention I like robots? Great summer flick. Great climax scene. Have fun with it.
4 stars (out of 5)

No comments: