Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Man of Steel

I am not a Superman fanboy, but I remember the Christopher Reeve versions from the ancient days. I suppose that this was everything I expected, but not what I hoped for. We get a good backstory on Krypton, and a series of snippets of Clark as he grows up and discovers he is different. We get Zod coming to exact his revenge and make his "New Krypton". We get lots of explosions and fantastic flying fight scenes. In effect, we get lots of Zack Snyder. What I hoped for was more Christopher Nolan genius. Something a bit more interesting. This was standard summer action film, on par with something like Green Lantern in quality. Unfortunately for this film, Superman is not on par with the Green Lantern. I expect so much more. An expectations are everything.
3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: