Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pitch Perfect

Clearly I am not what the producers envisioned as the target audience for this film. A teen, coming of age story peppered with singing, dance, and teen angst. But from the moment I saw the preview last year, I knew I wanted to see it. I am an aca-sucker for acapella. Becky is a new college freshman and going to her fathers school against her wishes. She gets pulled into the campus competitive acapella groups and develops a reason to enjoy school and care about what she is doing. Of course, she must battle the socialites, the mean girls, the crazy anti-social roommate, and the frat-boy shenanigans. But she overcomes and takes her group to a new level of cool. Surround all this by a harmonization that I could only dream of and Christopher Guest quality commentary during the competitions and you get aca-awesome.

3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: