Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Girl in the Cafe

This film was recommended by my friend Joel. As such, I fully expected to see dinosaurs show up somewhere in the film. Alas, I was disappointed on that count. Putting those expectations aside, I found myself enjoying this film. Lawrence is a single man working in the British PM office helping to set and promote policy centered on the Millenium goals and preparing for a G-8 conference in Reykjavik. He has recently met a girl in a coffee shop and since he is allowed to take a companion on his travel trips, invites her along to the conference. At the conference Lawrence and Gina get to know each other better, with Lawrence for presumably the first time in his life being challenged to really know what he thinks and who he wants to be. A nice little drama exploring relationship, self awareness, love and purpose.
3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: