Thursday, August 5, 2010

Salt

Angelina Jolie is an action star, no question. She is tough, quick, smart, sexy and ruthless. Or at least, she is able to play those characters believably. Here she plays Evelyn Salt, a CIA agent who is experienced with undercover operations and is currently on the run having been accused of being a Russian spy. The film evolves predictably (and satisfyingly I will add) along traditional espionage thriller lines. A nice summer film, entertaining and fun. My biggest complaint is the fact that it ended as an introduction to the sequel. No matter the fact that I liked the film, I suppose I am put out that the filmmakers just assume that I am willing to wait around for a year or two (or forever if the sequel never gets made) for final resolution. This is also my complaint about reading series books before the series is completely written. Some part of my brain is still waiting for resolution on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, even though I have not read any of those books for over 10 years. So if you are going to make a film, resolve it and let my brain rest. If you want to make a sequel, pick up the story later...

No comments: