Saturday, June 12, 2010

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day

A sort of rags to riches for a day story for Frances McDormand as the title character Miss Pettigrew. Hard on her luck and looking for work, she finagles herself into a job as personal assistant for Amy Adams Delysia. There is not anything original here, as Pettigrew is another variation of Eliza Doolittle and is able guide/advise Delysia through the complexities of life that she has wound herself in (multiple boyfriends in an attempt to make it big on the stage). It is all pretty predictable and for the first half, I thought I might just not need to see the rest. Maybe it is just me and my need for closure, but by time I got to the second half, I was curious enough about how things would wrap up cleanly that I watched with interest. In the end, there are no surprises.
2 stars (out of 5)

No comments: