Friday, August 11, 2023

Heart of Stone

Gal Gadot is an operative for a top secret, extra-governmental, global operations organization that pulls all the strings to keep the bad guys from killing everyone. To assist them they have "the heart", a quantum supercomputer that can process data so fast that it seems omniscient. And it gives pretty cool real-time data to heads up display contact lenses over massively remote distances (aka science fiction). Gadot is betrayed, the heart is stolen, and she must recover it. A completely solid action thriller. The only reason I would say it isn't a franchise maker/starter is that I can't remember for the life of me Gadot's character name or the secret organization name (a la Ethan Hunt, Jason Bourne, Jack Reacher, Luke Skywalker, etc.). And this list kind of makes me sad because that list just rolled out of my head and I can't seem to recall a single female character name from a movie/series. It's just a bunch of "that girl from..." or "___'s character in ..." Alas.

3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: