Monday, March 5, 2018

Lady Bird

Hmmm. A coming of age story of a high school girl who attends private, catholic school, doesn't get along much with her mother, and is just on the odd side of things. Maybe because I see these kids every day, this is not really novel. Just a fictionalized version of my reality. Kids have friends, but sometimes they don't, they despise a parent, but appreciate their support, they need to get away, but love their home, etc. Life at this age is a series of contradictions that range from trivial to apocalyptic. The writing was good, the acting was good, the story was good. Somebody tell me why this is better than average, or more important than films that make me think about compassion or fighting abuse of power or why to convert my belief system into action.
3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: