Friday, January 26, 2018

Monster Trucks

I was in the mood for some silly diversion. This was definitely it. The plot is based on the local oil drilling company hitting a pocket of underground water, which releases some massive telepathic, octopi like, super intelligent creature to the surface. One of them takes residence in our protagonists pickup truck and functions as the engine. The symbiotic relationship that develops between monster and teen (spoiler alert) leads to the teen getting a girlfriend, the monster going home, the oil company getting shut down. And of course, the  monster in the truck is the conceit that leads to hilarious [must roll eyes when reading this sentence] hijinks. This is not a serious movie. This is an after school special that cost too much to actually sell as an after school special. But since I was looking for a silly diversion, I got exactly what I wanted. Based on that, I have to give it
3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: