Sunday, November 13, 2016

Run Fatboy Run

Pleasant Simon Pegg romantic comedy. Pegg left his pregnant fiancé at the altar 5 years ago. Today he regrets the decision, and needs to come to terms with this every time he goes to pick up his son. It doesn't help that the new boyfriend is a total ass. In some testosterone battle, Pegg decides that running a marathon will show he has changed, and is a better man. So of course, this plot line is ridiculous. It is a set up for soundbite jokes and gags. But when watching a cheesy romantic comedy, who really cares. I did laugh at the jokes and gags, and I did find myself repeating lines in my head as they were quite funny. Not quite good enough for me to remember any of them out of context. But enjoyable none-the-less.
3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: