Saturday, September 7, 2013

Walk the Line

I am not a die hard bio-pic fan, but I am a sucker for good singing. Have had this on my list for awhile just based on the bass line in the preview. What I found most interesting was the way all the famous (or soon to be famous) stars traveled and played in small houses. Very much reminded me of the "days of my youth" when bands would travel to county fairs and play in front of crowds. Can you imagine U2 doing a county fair in the middle of Iowa? Wouldn't happen anymore in the download world. Other than this inside look at the concert scene, and the fun competitive ribbing between the stars, this was an average film. The soundtrack didn't knock my socks off, and I was hoping it would. Maybe had I seen it in the theater with all the hype???
3 stars (out of 5)

No comments: