Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kicking & Screaming

Kicking & Screaming is exactly what I will be if someone tries to make me watch this entire movie. I watched about 3 hours worth (it seemed) only to look at the clock and realize it had been only about 35 minutes. A 1995 "comedy" about some recent college graduates who don't have any ambition and continue to hang out. Perhaps a take off on Reality Bites? Except not funny, or entertaining. Just dull and lifeless. Why did I even start to watch this, you ask? It was in my Netflix queue, although I don't recall putting it there. It was way down around 173 in the list and once in awhile I watch one of those distant-future movies just to mix it up. I wonder if I had intended to put the Will Ferrell - 2005 version of Kicking & Screaming in my queue and chose this one accidentally. Perhaps, but this was such a waste of time, I will have to actually hear a good recommendation for the Ferrell version before adding that back in to slot 173.
1-star (out of 5)

2 comments:

Translation Page said...

ooo...I don't think I can recommend the Ferrell version. There were a few funny moments but I remember most of it being less than hilarious and less than touching, two things I felt the movie was going for most of the time. And usually I'm too absorbed into the story to notice the more technical aspects but this one in particular stood out to me as very poorly edited. There were some parts that you would expect some background music or something to be playing but it was just quiet, like watching a home video. A couple times I think the shots were actually a little blurry and shakey, unintentionally. Oh well.

Thanks for doing these...it gives me an idea of what to see next.

metabuxman said...

Ah, thanks. You just saved me 90 minutes. I wonder how I will use it?