Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Accidents

I am surprised that I even watched a movie that can be found with the keywords "Time Travel" and "Romantic Comedy". I would have predicted a movie so cheesy that it was unwatchable. Fortunately I was wrong. Vincent D'Onofrio plays time traveling Sam Deed, who reveals the details of his past (or future?) slowly throughout the movie to love interest Marisa Tomei. The romantic tension comes from the fact that Deed is likable and believable, even with his unbelievable story. And the details of the story are just enough fun to keep us going, wondering whether the causal link will be broken. This is not an exceptionally strong movie in either of its categories (I had not even heard of it until it showed up in my house compliments of the mismanagement of an unwieldy Netflix queue). Yet is was fun enough to be enjoyable.
3-stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting how the title of the movie happened to be the reason you saw it :)